A small percentage of the records created by university units are historically significant and warrant permanent retention in the University Archives. The university archivist is responsible for working with units at the University of Houston to identify, transfer, preserve, and provide access to historically significant university records.
Steps for a Transfer
- Review the Transfer Guidelines to determine if you think your materials are appropirate for the University Archives.
- Contact the university archivist to assess the materials.
- The unviersity archivst will conduct the assessment either on-site or by email, as the circumstances warrant.
- If the records are appropriate for transfer to the University Archives, the Records Transfer Form must be completed and the shipment of materials to Special Collections arranged in advance.
- The completed form must accompany the records during transfer to University Archives.