Because the study rooms in MD Anderson Library are a highly utilized and popular resource, the following policies are in effect:
At all times
- One member of a group must be present at the desk to check out room keys. For reserved rooms, this must be the group member who created the reservation
- Reserved rooms are held for up to 15 minutes after the beginning of the reservation. After this period, reservations may be canceled to make room for another group
- Groups in study rooms are expected to abide by the Libraries Code of Conduct
- Drinks are allowed in approved containers. Food is allowed; please help us keep the library clean and dispose of trash in the proper receptacles
- If a group breaks a policy or refuses to abide by the Code of Conduct, they will be asked to leave the room
- If a group breaks policies repeatedly, further disciplinary actions may occur
During peak hours
Peak hours are Monday - Thursday, 7am - 9pm
At least 3 users should be in the room for the majority of the checkout period. If there are less than 3 users in the room for 30 minutes or more, users should vacate the room and return the key to the Service Desk to allow other groups access to the room. Groups are limited to 4 hours of room use in total per day during peak hours.
During off-peak hours
Off-peak hours are all day Friday - Sunday
At least 2 users should be in the room for the majority of the checkout period. If there are less than 2 users in the room for 30 minutes or more, users should vacate the room and return the key to the Service Desk to allow other groups access to the room. Groups may renew study room once during off-peak hours, or they may check out a new room if the current room is reserved.
All group study rooms are first-come, first-served during finals periods for groups of 3 or more students.