The M.D. Anderson Library and its branches welcome visitors and community members. To borrow materials, visitors will need one of the following:
- TexShare Card (Statewide library card; Please visit your home library to get a TexShare card BEFORE coming to UH; you must have the card with you to borrow materials).
- Associates or Expanded Associates Card
- ID Card (Rice University, Texas Medical Center Institutions) - Houston Borrowing Program
- Rice users: Please visit the Circulation Desk at the Fondren Library to obtain the required form BEFORE coming to the UH campus libraries.
- TMC Institution users: Show your institution badge to obtain an Outside Borrower's card.
UH (main campus) visitors are welcome to use the UH Libraries electronic resources (with the exception of SciFinder Scholar) from within the M.D. Anderson Library or any of its branches. Contracts and licensing agreements prohibit us from making these resources available remotely.
Houston Public Library (HPL) and the Harris County Public Library (HCPL) provide remote access for their card-holders to many of the same databases that are available at UH. See the HPL and HCPL sites for lists of their available databases and how to access them.