What are Reserves?
- The University of Houston Libraries Reserves collection is comprised of course-related materials and high-use items that support the University's academic programs.
- When possible, the Libraries will provide reserve items in an electronic format. Those items that are not available electronically are located in the library.
- The Libraries do not charge for reserve use. Authorized users may view, download, or print copies from the Docutek ERes system.
How do I find Reserves items?
- To locate Reserve, search the Docutek ERes by course number, course name, department, or instructor's name.
- Reserve Locations:
AN = M.D. Anderson Library, Service Desk, 1st floor Gold wing
MU = Music Library
OP = Optometry Library
AR = Architecture and Art Library
How do I check out Reserves items?
- Many items located in Reserves may not leave the building. For those items that do circulate, loan periods range from two days to three weeks. Scanners and photocopiers are nearby for your use.
- You will need your University of Houston ID card (Cougar 1 Card) to check out Reserve materials.
- There are no renewals on Reserve items.
- Fines are charged on items which may not leave the building and returned late at a rate of $1.00 per hour.
- Fines are charged on materials that are under a loan period and returned late at a rate of $3.00 per day.
What if I have questions about Reserves?
For Reserves located at M.D. Anderson please call the Service Desk, (713) 743-9710, or contact the Reserves Department at (713) 743-9730, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.