What are Reserves?
- The University of Houston Libraries Reserves collection is comprised of course-related materials and high-use items that support the University's academic programs.
- When possible, the Libraries will provide reserve items in an electronic format. Those items that cannot be made available electronically are available for use in the library.
- The Libraries do not charge for reserve use. Authorized users may check out reserves materials from their library's Service Desk. Electronic materials can be viewed through Blackboard.
How do I find Reserves items?
- In Blackboard:
- Click on "Tools" from the left-hand menu
- Click on "Course Reserves." The UH Ares Course Reserves module will open.
- If no items are listed in the course, then your instructor has not added anything to reserves.
- Reserve Locations in Library Catalog:
AN = M.D. Anderson Library, Service Desk, 1st floor Gold wing
MU = Music Library
OP = Optometry Library
AR = Architecture and Art Library
How do I check out Reserves items?
- You will need your University of Houston ID card (Cougar 1 Card) to check out reserve materials.
- Ask at the Service Desk for the desired item. Please have the item title, course number, and instructor's name.
- Most reserves items check out for 2 hours, and may only be used in the library. These materials have an overdue fine of $1.00 per hour.
- Scanners and photocopiers are nearby for your use. Please observe copyright law when making copies or scans of reserves items.
- For items that can be taken out of the library, loan periods range from two days to three weeks. These materials have an overdue fine of $3.00 per day.
- There are no renewals on reserve items.
What if I have questions about Reserves?
For Reserves located at Anderson library, please call the Service Desk, (713) 743-9710, or contact the Reserves Manager at (713) 743-9730, or by e-mail: email@example.com.