The University of Houston Libraries provides computers and other equipment to assist students, faculty and staff with disabilities.
There are 6 computers in the Academic Research Center (ARC) equipped with assistive technology.
- 22 inch wide monitors with removable privacy films
- Adjustable-height desks
- ZoomText (software for screen magnification)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking speech-to-text software
Additional equipment is available in the assistive technology suite, known as the ADA Suite, 106-D in MD Anderson Library, in the rear of the ARC.
- Three Optelec Spectrum text magnifiers with variable color for text and background
- Computer terminal with wide-screen monitor and CougarNet access.
- Kurzweil 1000 software and scanner
Staff at the Service Desk will retrieve library materials for users with disabilities. Call Shelving Services at 713-743-9735 or email Jacob Honey at email@example.com for more information.
Contact us or call the Service Desk at 713-743-1050 for any other access questions.