The UH Libraries course reserves system provides access to course readings and other materials to support course instruction. Course reserves uses the Ares Course Reserves system to manage materials and post electronic items. Ares is accessible through Blackboard.
- Access Ares Course Reserves via your Blackboard course. Ares will provide you with a list of all items on reserve, and will give you access to any electronic materials available.
- Books, DVDs, and other physical materials on reserve are available by request at the Anderson Library Service Desk. Please bring the course number or instructor’s name.
- Faculty must activate their course in Ares before adding materials.
- Ares gives instructors a high degree of control over creating and managing their reserves items. See Instructions for Placing Materials on Reserve for more information on what you can do in Ares.
- Faculty can access Ares through Blackboard or via the Ares web interface. (Please note: Courses must be created in Blackboard before they are visible in the Ares web interface.)
- Music course reserves materials have not yet moved to Ares. Please check the Music Library for more information about Music reserves.