Faculty members can request to have library materials delivered directly to their on-campus departmental mailbox.
How to Use
Items owned by UH:
- Search the Library catalog from your office computer.
- To request an item be delivered to you, simply click the REQUEST button at the top of the screen.
- Log in with your name & PeopleSoft ID.
- From the “Choose Pickup Location” drop-down menu select “UH Faculty Delivery” and click SUBMIT.
- The item will be checked out to your library account and delivered to your department mailbox within 2 business days.
- When you’re finished with the item, simply drop it in the return box in your department. It will be picked up, returned to the library, and checked in within 2 business days.
Items Requested through InterLibrary Loan
- For Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items, you must change your default delivery location for all ILL items. To do this:
- Go to the ILLiad login page (http://illiad.lib.uh.edu/illiad/logon.html).
- Log in to your ILLiad account using your username and password.
- From the ILLiad Main Page, click on “Change User Information” under the Tools menu.
- From the “Delivery Location” drop-down menu (the last field on the form), select “Faculty Delivery.”
- Click on “Submit Information.”
- Once you’ve submitted this change, all ILL items you request will be delivered to your department mailbox.
- When an item you’ve requested arrives in ILL, you will receive an email notification that it is being delivered. The item will be checked out to your ILL account and delivered to your department mailbox within 2 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my department eligibile for delivery?
Yes. Delivery is now available to all departments on the main UH campus.
How long does delivery take?
In most cases, your items will be delivered within 2 business days.
Can I return ILL items in my departmental return box?
Yes. The departmental retun box can be used for any type of library materials.
My department does not have a return box. How can I return my items?
You can return your item to any campus library, or in the book drops in front of the Anderson Library or the University Center.
If you'd like to have a return box located in your department, please contact email@example.com or call 713-743-9720.
Are graduate students eligible for delivery?
No. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide this service for graduate students at this time.
Can I have materials delivered to off-campus locations? [i.e., the Medical Center, the Energy Research Park, etc.]
No. Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver to off-campus locations at this time.
Contact Interlibrary Loan at 713-743-9720 or firstname.lastname@example.org