We will not accept requests via email, telephone, or fax. All requests must be placed via OCLC or our online request form.
If you already have an account, login to our request form.
First time users, request an account. We will send your account information within one business day.
We do not accept rush requests via OCLC. We make every effort to respond to all requests within 1 business day. Feel free to contact us for special circumstances.
We ship via US Postal Service, Trans Amigos Express, or UPS. Unfortunately, we cannot ship via FedEx.
We will only ship to the address associated with a lending account.
- Will lend unless reference, reserve, rare, or in poor condition.
Doctoral Dissertations and Masters Theses
- Dissertations & theses are available for loan if a circulating copy is available.
- Dissertation copies should be ordered from UMI or will be provided if a UMI copy is not available.
- Master's theses - if a circulating copy is unavailable, please contact ILL directly for information on obtaining a copy.
Will lend on a case-by-case basis to all libraries. Generally, older, less-used bound volumes are eligible for loan; newer, or heavily-used volumes are not. Feel free to ask anyway.
The department may substitute a loan of the bound volume if the article page count exceeds 75 pages.
Items housed in our Special Collections Department
Items housed in Special Collections are non-circulating. We cannot loan these items. Scans of items from Special Collections cannot be obtained through ILL, but must be requested through Special Collections.
Will lend microfilm and microfiche.
Will lend U.S. documents. Depository since 1957.
Will lend Texas State documents. Depository since 1964.
DVDs, VHS tapes, and audio CDs available for loan.
8 weeks. No renewals. Subject to recall.
12 weeks for GWLA members. No renewals.
We generally do not allow renewals. However, please contact us at email@example.com or 713-743-9747 if there are special circumstances requiring a renewal.
- Loans: Free to non-profit institutions; $25 per title to for-profit institutions.
- Photocopies: Free to non-profit institutions; $25 per article to for-profit institutions.
- Replacement/processing charge: Full replacement cost plus a $25 processing fee.
- Refunds: If an item for which ILL has been paid is returned in good condition within six months, a refund check will be issued minus a $25.00 processing fee. ($25 fee does not apply to GWLA or TexShare members.)
OCLC IFM participant.
Non-IFM participants will be invoiced.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept credit cards.
Will not accept postage stamps as payment.
Packing Requirements for Mailing
We happily accept jiffy bags.
Service Suspended During Winter Holiday
Mailing suspended from approximately December 23 through January 2.
Loans to Foreign Countries
Will lend to foreign countries.
We ship via US Postal Service International mail.
Materials must be returned by air mail and insured for $75.00 (U.S.).
When resends are requested because pages are missing, image quality is poor, or there is another problem on our end, we will resend as many times as needed to correct the mistake.
When resends are requested because the article was not received, and there is no indication of errors in any of our systems, we will resend the article one time. Subsequent requests for resends will be asked to resubmit the request.
Every attempt will be made to mail books and transmit photocopies within one working day of receipt of request.
University of Houston
OCLC symbol: TXH
Voice: (713) 743-9720
Office hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., M-F