A $7.50 printing credit is added to active UH student, faculty, and staff Cougar Cards at the start of every semester. The account is charged for every side of a page that is printed.
- Black-and-white printing costs 1.5 cents/side
- Color printing costs 3 cents/side
- Copies are 1.5 cents/side (black-and-white only)
The $7.50 printing credit can only be used for printing and copying. Printing credits do not roll over into the next semester.
After all print credits are used, additional printing is charged to CougarCard Flex accounts. Funds can be added via AccessUH
How to print
On UH Libraries computers:
- Go to print the document (usually under File > Print)
- Select either "Black and White Printer" or "Color Printer" in the printer options and select "Print"
- Go to a Print Release Station and enter your CougarNet username
- Swipe your CougarCard when prompted
- Your pending print jobs will appear. Select the document that you want to print.
- Your document will print. Please remain at the printer until your print job is complete
Please report problems or ask questions to the Service Desk.
Visitors to UH Libraries should speak with Libraries staff regarding printing. We recommend bringing a USB flash drive to save documents and articles for printing at home as printing services for visitors are limited.
Printing with personal computers
UH students, faculty and staff can print black-and-white pages from their personal laptops within the library. Download the package below.
Print jobs are released from any of the black-and-white printers on the first floor in the Academic Research Center.
Printing from a mobile device
UH students, faculty and staff can print from a mobile device by emailing a document or attachment to a specific email address.
Instructions for mobile printing (pdf, 13.5kb)
Print jobs can be released from the Express Print Station in MD Anderson Library.
If there is a problem while printing (paper jams, out of toner, etc.), Libraries staff will be able to reprint your job for you, without any extra charge to your account. We will not reprint or give refunds to user errors (wrong page printed, etc.).
Still have questions? Contact us or visit any service desk or help.